COVID-19 Level 1 Update 12 March 2021
We are OPEN for routine dental care. Please contact us should you answer "YES" to any of the COVID-19 questions.
At COVID-19 Alert Level 1, Fraser Smith Lowe Dentists can provide routine and emergency dental care under strict conditions set by the Ministry of Health and Dental Council of NZ.
At Level 1 we will need to ask you some questions to determine whether you fall into the low risk or high risk category for dental treatment as determined by the Ministry of Health and Dental Council of NZ before scheduling an appointment for you:
• Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
• Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test or the results?
• Are you a probable COVID-19 case, or been asked to self-isolate?
• Have you had close contact with other people in the last 14 days who are probable or confirmed to have COVID-19?
• Have you travelled overseas in the last 14 days?
• Have you had direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who has recently travelled overseas? (Border staff (international airport and maritime port); quarantine and isolation facility staff; air crew; and travellers are considered to have either travelled overseas or had direct contact with someone who has)
• Do you have new or worsening respiratory symptoms including one of the following:
o sore throat
o shortness of breath
o runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip (coryza)
o loss of smell (anosmia)
with or without fever?
If you are in the high risk category and in need of urgent or emergency dental care your dentist will need to discuss this with you on the telephone first to see whether your problem meets the guidelines for dental emergencies, assess your COVID-19 risk and determine whether any safe dental treatment is possible at our practice. Where needed we will have the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) available.